Trick or Treat in Fairview Township will be held on October 31st from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. We hope everyone will have a safe and enjoyable time. To help avoid accidents or problems, here are some safety tips you can follow:
* Each person should be visible at night by carrying a flashlight, glow stick, or wear a costume with reflective tape or shoes that light up. Make sure you have fresh batteries for the flashlight.
* To help avoid falls and other mishaps, costumes should not drag on the ground and masks should provide full visibility for the wearer. Any props such as swords or knives should be flexible so they don’t injure anyone in the event of a fall.
*Be cautious around open flames from candles or jack-o-lanterns. Should a costume catch on fire, remember “Stop, Drop, and Roll”.
* Trick or Treat in groups accompanied by an adult, and only go to homes that are lit. Be respectful of the homeowners and don’t cut across yards and stay out of back yards.
* Do not enter any homes unless you know the owners, and don’t accept any rides from strangers.
* Walk, don’t run. Stay on the sidewalks and off the streets. Cross only at intersections and at designated crosswalks. Watch for cars and don’t assume that the drivers will see you.
* If you are a driver, go SLOWLY and be alert for kids that may run into the street. Watch the road and not the costumes of the kids who may be walking on the sidewalk.
*Avoid any candy with loose wrappings, is unwrapped, has puncture holes, or is homemade. Candy should not be eaten until it can be inspected under bright light to make sure it was not tampered with.
* If you see criminal activity or anything suspicious, call 911 immediately.